As building growth intersects with environmental concerns, sustainable design is a new field which deals with designing, constructing and operating buildings in a manner that minimizes environmental impact.
The BIM models undergo Sustainable analysis tests which are helpful in designing a building according to various Green Building Criteria like solar studies, wind analysis, thermal analysis etc.
- Ability to create drawings and designs from the model itself, thus increasing the efficiency and accuracy of green certification.
- Schedules of building material quantities that can be used to determine the percentages of material reuse, recycling and salvage.
- Allows pursuit of various sustainable design options in parallel.
- Use of advanced visualization techniques for solar studies and to produce 3D renderings and construction animations from a sustainability standpoint.
- A digital 3D model supports better understanding and collaborative communication among various stakeholders.